The new oil-free PO Series piston compressors are characterised by minimum wear, optimum accessibility and an extremely compact design.
Our PO Series combines durability with high-performance. With this Series we have developed highly efficient, low-maintenance and compact air compressors with a low noise level. Due to its modular design concept, diverse and targeted results can be achieved.
Completely oil-free compressed air
Sensitive industries and areas where oil-free compressed air is essential will benefit from our continued efforts to optimise even the smallest of details in our oil-free compressed air systems. In our PO Series, the complete absence of refrigerant throughout the system enables entirely oil-free compressed air production. The alternative to the refrigerant? Specially coated pistons and piston rings, with specially designed cylinder liners and hermetically-sealed bearings.
Other advantages of the PO Series are:
- The narrow and compact lightweight design offers multiple applications
- The light and enclosed cooling air-flow hood made of heat resistant ABS plastic contributes to improved safety at work. It fully complies with EN 1012-1 "Safety Requirements for Compressors"
- Due to a design that is focused on low wear, the compressors are virtually maintenance-free. For example, we have minimised the low piston speed to 3 m/sec vibration – thereby lowering temperature and wear. The piston and cylinder benefit from this development and have a longer life cycle
- The PO Series meets the requirements of the RoHS Directive (2002/95/EC) *
* RoHS = Restriction of (the use of certain) Hazardous Substances
28 different air compressors for individual requirements
A total of 28 different variants within the PO Series are available. Four examples are:
- PO 8 L: "PO" stands for "Piston Oil-free" and "L" for "Line". This is, with this base unit, an oil-free, direct-coupled piston compressor with an engine output of 8hp
- PO 8 LR: This compressor has a separate storage container for the compressed air (R = Receiver)
- PO 8 LDR: This is an oil-free piston compressor in combination with a compressed air tank and a dryer (D in this case stands for Dryer)
- PO 8 LTR: This compressor is a twin system (T = Twin) with a separate container
Variants of the PO series in different industries
Typical industries where our oil-free piston compressors are used:
- The medical and pharmaceutical industries, which have relied on BOGE quality compressed air for many years
- Craft and paint shops, where compressed air must meet the highest quality standards and be absolutely free of oil
- The food industry, for example when precisely matched amounts of compressed air are required for filling processes
- In water treatment, where oil-free compressed air is used, for example, during the aeration or "bubbling" of air to support bacteria growth